Essential Oil Base Notes
Below is a list of the essential oils that are generally classified as base notes. Click on the link for each essential oil to view the detailed profile for each oil.
Identifying an essential oil as a top, middle or base note is based on subjective assessment in combination with reviewing the constituents present in the essential oil. Essential oils that are classified as base notes tend to evaporate the slowest and tend to last the longest in blends.
Aromatherapy Blending Guide:
- Part 1: Introduction to Blending Essential Oils
- Part 2: Aromatic Blending of Essential Oils
- Part 3: Formulating Masculine/Earthy Aromatherapy Blends
- Part 4: Therapeutic Blending of Essential Oils
- Part 5: Working With and Blending Thick Aromatic Oils
- Part 6: How to Substitute Essential Oils in Aromatherapy Recipes and Blends